In part 1 of this focus on vignetting, we began with the simplest form, a vignette which darkens or lightens the image corners; In part 2 we moved on to using coloured gradients. In this part we are going to go build on the Action created in part 1and create another Action (suitable for Photoshop & Photopea) to allow you to select any colour for the vignette.
To simplify the process in the Action:
- To ensure we do not affect the original image we create a duplicate layer.
- Then use a layer mask to set the borders.
- Then create a solid colour layer.
- And finish off by wrapping them up in a Group.
Once the Action has been run you can the select any colour for the vignette by :
- Double clicking on the Layer Thumbnail, initially coloured green, then
- Use the Color Picker to select any colour you want to use.
- You can keep selecting a colour and see the result, until you are happy with it.
- Then just ‘OK’ your way back out.
- NB:: You can always modify the Opacity and Blend Mode to refine the result.
If you have any actions, presets, tips, worked examples you would be happy to contribute and help others off to a good start with their photo processing, pay your knowledge forward ! We are happy to help with putting material together.