Adobe have released new versions of Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements, the company’s non-subscription photo and video editing software available on Mac and Windows platforms.
For Photoshop Elements 2021, Adobe are introducing several new features :
- “Moving Photos” feature similar to Apple’s Live Photos feature allowing you to create animated GIFs with 2D and 3D camera motion.
- Adjust Face Tilt, automatically adjust the position of a person’s face to make sure everybody in the shot is looking in the right direction.
- Customizable Quote Graphics offering pre-set templates, animation options, and customization tools.
- Several new Guided Edits, a feature designed to walk users through the steps needed to achieve different photo effects and looks.
- Duotones letting users apply two colours to an image.
- Perfect Landscapes for replacing skies, removing haze, and erasing unwanted objects.
For Premiere Elements 2021,
- There’s a new Select Object feature to apply a special effect to a subject that then tracks throughout the video.
- GPU Accelerated Performance, to let visual effects be previewed without the need to render for faster editing
- Accelerated cropping of videos.
- Adobe is also adding 21 music tracks that can be added to videos.
- New tools for backing up albums, keywords, tags, and more.
- New Guided Edits include Double Exposure for playing a video within a photo.
- Animated Matte Overlays for applying different shapes and animation styles.
The updates are available for purchase from Adobe’s website and your usual suppliers.